Finishing up the pictures from the Please Touch Museum. There was a burger place, and the kids loved putting together burgers, putting them on trays, and bringing them over to us.
Part three from the Please Touch Museum. There was a play shopping area, and the kids absolutely had a blast there. They had their mini shopping carts, and went all over the place, getting play food off the counters and out of the bins.
Part two of pictures from the Please Touch Museum. Many of these pictures were from the Alice in Wonderland area. The kids really did enjoy playing in that area.
We deliberately planned on not having a birthday party for Kaitlyn. She’s at a stage right now where she does not want to be the center of attention (though from the last post, I would have a hard time believing it). So instead, we took her to the Please Touch Museum in Philly. There was definitely some concern on our part whether Kaitlyn and Julia would last long enough there before having a meltdown. Thankfully, they didn’t, and we had a great time.
Kaitlyn celebrated her 2nd birthday a few weeks ago. My parents came down for a couple days, and we went to the Please Touch Museum. (Photos of Please Touch Museum will be coming soon.) Kaitlyn really liked the bicycle she got, and wanted to get on it right away, even though she can’t quite pedal yet. The cell phone was a huge hit too. She’s still playing with that one a lot, even playing with it as I type.
These are some pictures from the “party” we had, which was actually little more than inviting our neighbors over and having some cake that strangely tasted a bit like cornbread. It was good, but just a little odd for a birthday cake. Damn you, Martha Stewart.
After a long absence, I’m going to fire up this blog again.
So what’s happened in the last couple months?
- Kaitlyn turned 2 a few weeks ago. We went to the Please Touch Museum for her birthday instead of having a party. But then we ended up having an impromptu gathering anyway.
- I was in Chicago for a couple days in May, then in Phoenix for 10 days in June, then in New Orleans for a day and Dallas for a day. All work related stuff.
- We went to NY for 4th of July.
- Julia has finally done #2 on the potty – after an epic struggle. Though it seems like no amount of bribes can help get her to do with any regularity.
- Rick, Niki, Collin, and Caelie visited for a couple days. We went to Philly and saw all the historical stuff – Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, but not the Mint. No cameras allowed, and with nowhere to leave it, we’re out of luck.
Stay tuned for some more pictures too. I’ve got some queued up already, and more are at the ready.